Thank Your Wives, You Lucky Bastards!
Yesterday, the good folks at Pew put out a report about the “new economics” of marriage: Women are more likely than ever to earn more and have more education than their spouses.
Maybe it’s time men started to really appreciate what we’re bringing to the table! Check out my analysis of the Pew report on the Huffington Post today.
2 Responses to “Thank Your Wives, You Lucky Bastards!”
Leave a Reply
- Mission: Adulthood ... a new book worth checking out 01/03/2013Looking for a good book to give your parents, boss or mentor to get them to understand that your generation isn't a bunch of slackers, but has some real strengths? Check out Mission: Adulthood, a new book by Hannah Seligson. Here's my blog about it here for more: http://acculturated.com/2013/01/02/through-the-eyes-of-a-twenty-something/ […]
- Reader Q&A 09/05/2012Today a great question came in off the Ask Christine link on this website: “How can you say that your book is not like other self-help books when you keep referring to the work of other writers?” Here’s the quick answer: The exercises in Generation WTF -- as they appear... […]
- Stephen Covey's Legacy for Generation WTF 07/17/2012Yesterday, self-help author and business leader Stephen Covey died at 79. Author of The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People (and many other bestsellers), Covey will be remembered as an inspirational teacher and leader. Tonight I appeared on WSJ.com LIVE to discuss his legacy. Stephen Covey, a business management... […]
- Why Most Self-Help Sucks (and WTF is different about me) 07/11/2012This morning I received a comment via this website asking for the links to the bonus chapter that I promised in Generation WTF -- about why most self-help books suck, and why this research is different. Our contact software is developed to protect your privacy. I don't require an email... […]
- Generation WTF on a Mission 05/25/2012The Class of 2012 graduated with an unprecedented amount of student debt (more than $20,000 per graduate, $1 trillion nationally) into an economy with the highest level of unemployed/underemployed recent college graduates in over 11 years (53%). From whatever angle you approach it, this is not an easy time to... […]
- Worst Majors for Getting a Job? 04/30/2012On Friday, I attended our Sociology graduation reception at the University of Pittsburgh. I celebrated with some of my favorite students and head about the exciting things they were hoping to do. One was headed to Israel to teach English. Another was headed to law school. Several had ideas about... […]
- How to Schedule Like a Pro 04/26/2012On Tuesday I got back from a wedding and mini vacation with my family. It was wonderful. Then we returned to the chaos of “coming home” and “real life.” Yesterday was a day of laundry and unpacking and feeling stressed about why I wasn’t getting more work done. Today, though... […]
- Who Do You Call? 04/25/2012Ever wonder why your Mom calls so often? According to a fascinating new study, men tend to call the women in their life – throughout their lives – while women, as they age, tend to shift their phone calls away from men and toward their adult daughters. The Los Angeles... […]
- Use Technology. Don't Let It Use You 04/18/2012Generation WTFers say they spend too much time using the Internet (59%), their cell phones or smartphones (58%), and social media sites such as Facebook (48%), according to a new Gallup poll that I blogged about Monday. And those with a college degree or more spend the most time online... […]
- Turn Your Phone Off! 04/18/2012I love my iPhone as much as the next gal. I have it with me all day. It’s the first thing I check in the morning and last thing I check before I go to sleep. But I am a firm believer in putting my phone on silent and tucking... […]